Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday miscellany

I almost forgot that it was Friday. Not working and not having classes has me all mixed up. I'm trying to change the "not working" part, but I just have to wait until the end of August for the "not having classes" part to be fixed.

The job market around here is the pits unless I want to do what is euphemistically referred to as "light assembly." I have nothing against doing this, but my royally screwed up back does. I don't think that getting a job that would leave me pretty much disabled within 6 months is a good career choice. And I passed on a part-time job through the temp agency. It seemed wiser not to lock myself into something with no defined end date, but to wait for something better. I think I started second-guessing and regretting that as soon as I got off the phone. I did manage to get my resume in on a couple of jobs, but I'm not holding my breath. (Well, I am holding my breath. Just not in expectation of getting an interview for either job.)

I have been reading a lot this week. And I've set-up a separate blog for my honor's research stuff - not that there's anything to see there yet. Zephyr came over with The Other Sister Person yesterday. TOSP brought lunch. Zephyr cut my hair.

No links this week since the time I've spent on-line has been mostly job searches and psychology stuff.

That's all, folks.

No comments: