Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday miscellany

Today was my last day at the company I've temped at for a year. I made some new friends working there - I'll miss seeing them every day. The temp agency said that they would be in touch the beginning of next week about a new job, but I'm thinking I should hit the streets on Monday and spread my resume around. I really have to get myself revved up for that one.

I like to check stat counter to see where people have come from on their way to my blog. When I did that tonight, I found my way to an interesting blog -
A Sweet, Familiar Dissonance. And I got as close to a rave review as I'm ever going to get. *grin*

Two links for tonight.

The first is about the "discovery" of a possibly habitable planetary system at
MSNBC. It's really cool how planets are found - lots of math.

The second (which is really three) is at
Science and Politics - Teaching the bare bones of Biology and Teaching Update. I wish I'd had this guy for a biology teacher. He also has a really interesting post about Lyme Disease here.

If any of you think that I've run out of things to say about order and mathematics, think again. There will be more order coming to you. *hehehe*


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job front. Cool praise. Whew, more order, just what I need. Hugs, Sue

Unknown said...

At least my house doesn't exhibit much in the way of order. Chaos maybe. *grin*