Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday miscellany

Last week I got shifted from the temp job I've had since May '05 to a different temp job at the same company. I HATE it! I'm spending 6 - 8 hours a day on the telephone. This is hell for me - after all, I'm the person who when she needed to cut expenses got rid of her phone for over a year and DID NOT miss it. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to support myself.... *sigh*

That said, some linky stuff to annoy, amuse, or inform you.

From
Mixing Memory: an interesting post on a study of about how Craving a Cigarette Warps Your Sense of Time. Having sat through all the speeches at a college graduation (which by themselves warp time), I can confidently say that craving a cigarette when you have to pee and can't do either really warps time. I swear it took at least 5 or 10 minutes for the speaker to utter a one syllable word. You can imagine how long the bigger words took. *grin*

From
Science and Politics: a link to a letter to the editor about faith vs. ethics. Love this part of the letter - "The irrational mind knows no boundaries and has no tolerance for self-restraint. It is the rational mind that can set boundaries and control impulses."

And a new blog to check out -
Heo Cwaeth. You'll have to read it to find out what the blog is all about. I found it via Mixing Memory.

I could rant for months on this story on Yahoo -
No States Meet Teacher Quality Goal.

And check out blog daughter Zephyr's post about being a student at a beauty academy.


and

No comments: