Monday, October 10, 2005

It Rained

And then it rained some more. My road did not make out too well. If I make a right turn out of my driveway, this is what I find.

This is an issue for me because until it’s fixed my drive to work goes from 12.5 miles each way to 22.5 miles each way. Since I go from home to work to school, I’m ending up with way more driving than seems reasonable for a part-time job. Oh well. It’s just a temporary job and I’ll probably end up looking for something else soon since I’m in week 18 of a 6 week job. LOL


If I make a left turn and drive about 2 miles, this is what I find.

Around noon today, the town filled in this little hole enough for my housemate to get out and buy food for the birds (chickens, ducks, and geese – oh my!). But my road is now on the list of road closures on the TV, so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

On the bright side, my house is intact and dry.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad that the road seems to have gotten the worst of it and your house is okay! It would really suck pond water if you had to deal with a house flood too!!!

Congrats on posting your first pics... I knew you could do it!

Unknown said...

Taking a bow. *snork*

Unknown said...

Oh yeah. Fun. Right. But at least I got out today. If there isn't anymore rain before a real fix takes place, the small hole should stay filled in.

Unlike many other towns and people, I got off easy. The destruction in some areas is pretty unbelievable.

Peter said...

Let me be among the last to welcome you into the Bad Example family.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Peter. Nice to know that I'm a Bad Example family member. *grin*