Monday, March 19, 2007

Is this a sign?

I got up this morning, drank a cup of coffee, and started combing through job ads in the local Sunday paper and on the online job boards. This is one of those royal pains. Since the biggest "city" in this area has a population of approximately 25,000, there are a limited number of jobs. I've found that if I search for all jobs for the past week and then look through them all, I have the best chance of finding something to apply for. Today's search netted 2 on-line applications, 1 that I have to mail, and a company that I'll send a resume to in the hopes that they have something. Considering that there were only about 3 dozen ads, this isn't too bad.

So why, you might ask, am I asking if this is a sign? Well when I sat down to search I put my crochet project and the very nice bamboo crochet hook from my sister on my lap. At some point I heard the hook fall on the floor. Okay, so all I have to do is pick it up. Right? Wrong. Apparently it fell into a mini-black hole because I can't find it.

Is this a sign? Will my resume fall into the HR equivalent of a black hole?

No comments: