Sunday, December 25, 2005

Greetings and Solicitations

A while back I worked at a company that I referred to as the UN of companies. Each year the department I worked in had a holiday lunch with the employees bringing in food from their respective countries. The last year I was there the only day when most of the people could get together happened to be the first day of Hanukkah. One of the employees wrote "Happy Hanukkah" on the white board after much discussion on the correct spelling. Another added "Merry Christmas." Then everyone started adding greetings for their particular holidays. So there we were eating really great food and adding holiday greetings until the board was covered with as many different religious greetings as there were different people. This always struck me as the perfect Christmas meal - Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoist, Hindus, and probably others I've forgotten celebrating the holiday season and breaking bread together.

So in that spirit, I wish you all greetings and solicitations this holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss that as well. The last company I worked for was very multi-cultural. The holidays were great. The different food I got to try was awesome. I hope you had a great holiday celebration.