Friday, January 01, 2010

It's time to come back

Last fall I joined two group son Ravelry - the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup and Fantasia. For the last three months, these groups have gotten me going on a small treasure trove of crochet projects. Several are math related.

My favorite is a mobius strip grown big and turned into a shawl/cowl (aka scowl). I've finished one and almost completed the second. The whole thing is supposed to represent something I love and is full of things to represent numbers (Fibonacci numbers, prime numbers, golden mean).

Here are a couple of pictures (the model is my gorgeous niece).

mobius scowl - front view

mobius scowl - pine cone pattern

I have a second one almost completed in a beautiful silk/merion blend from Malabrigo. It's my sister's gift and she chose the yarn.

7 comments:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Muchlis said...

Nokia N900 tempted on Android Gingerbread

linqianlan said...

Very glad to see your information here, the pictures are very beautiful, really opened my eyes! Hope next time you have more let people share things, I also have things you can also to share.Vibram Running Shoes shoes

security equipment said...

Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

security equipment said...

Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

MathCogIdiocy said...

secutity equipment - yes, the post was off topic. I go there on a semi-regular basis so I've started a separate site for my crochet designs and projects.

I really don't remember which theme I started with, but I do know that I fiddled with the html code.